Speak Out Loud NA

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Making This Work...

For those who would like to be able to post, rather than just comment, I am going to try something new. I believe I have created a way for postings to be made, and still retain your anonymity. Now, I'm sure we are going to really catch some %$*#! for this move, but I understand the frustration of only being able to comment. Still working on this, and I will provide more information at a future date.
I also endorse, and suggest, that everyone visit http://www.cleanupnewalbany.com/ site for another forum that allows dialogues on various topics (I have a sign in my yard, and more are available). It is a very welcomed effort, and has an important mission. The messages they are sending are vital to the future of our city.
Also, I want to make it clear to everyone that I am not getting paid anything to host this blog. This is something I am doing out of concern for what is happening within our City.
To Mr. Deatrick, we appreciate your contributions. Please don't be put off by cheap shots taken by others. I was appalled that the Economic Development position went to a 24 (?) year old. Although I admit I haven't had the pleasure of meeting this young man, I have my concerns. How much experience can he possibly have? Why didn't he attend the Downtown symposium and talk with the merchants who are trying to reinvigorate a business district? Does anyone know anything about what he's been doing thus far?
For Bluegill, I have some remarks for you, but I will have to save that for later when I have more time, as your comments were especially vicious. But, just for starters, I don't believe it's necessary to re-write a complete newspaper article to draw attention to a specific portion that causes alarm or begs for clarification. Also, who are these private developers who are going to spend $40K to "study" what type of business they may (or may not) bring to New Albany? Could it be that they are (gasp!) ANONYMOUS??? Cowards!

3 Comments:

  • Anyone here can post, given (a) they register with Blooger, which is easy and can be done anonymously, and (b) you add them to the contributors list.

    Can you explain the process for your adding to the contributor's list? I could not find the "members" area you mentioned.

    By Blogger The New Albanian, at 9:18 AM, May 29, 2005  

  • Laura, Thanks for going out of your way and making things very convenient and welcoming, so many are interested in coming out and speaking their mind more now here than other blogs, just had to give thanks.......HomeTownGirl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM, May 29, 2005  

  • It's a legitimate question to ask Paul Wheatley what he's done.

    Has anyone asked him?

    By Blogger The New Albanian, at 8:06 PM, May 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

r

<< Home