Speak Out Loud NA

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And We're Off and Running!

Well, well... what interesting reading.
For those of you who are taking this opportunity seriously, I appreciate your comments and encourage you not to be discouraged by those who refer to your opinions as "complete gibberish". I know that many of you have very valid points to make, information to share, and constructive dialouge CAN occur without putting people's jobs in jeapordy.
For those who are "playing", please respect that this privilege has been extended in good faith, and for a good reason.
Any future obvious pranks (Mayor Garner) will be promptly deleted.
I expect this forum to be respectable and productive.
On that note:
Sorry Roger, that you feel as if you're in a room of ricocheting bullets, but perhaps you can now imagine what it must have felt like for those who have had to endure your self proclaimed "truth" without being able to respond. All I am trying to accomplish is for every New Albany citizen to be able to have their say. Why do you find that so disconcerting?
It's just plain rude to pronounce anonymous comments as "anti-social blathering". Now, that's the last I have to say regarding your views of the anonymous issue.
As to the other comments...Bluegill, I would love to respond to your questions, and you raise some good ones, but, another time will have to do.
Finally, no is the answer to the question "were the other members polled...". The decision to allow everyone to comment was mine alone, as I am the editor of this blog. Thus, no one should be a-feared that their credibility or reputation will be tarnished. Your assumption that this decision will relegate this forum into nothing more than a "slander-blog" is unfounded.
How about just giving this a chance folks? Why all the nasty remarks from the "Constituency", I presume (please correct me if I am wrong or if you do not wish to be auto-included), if you guys are truly interested in the democratic process of including the citizenry?
Remember this: "Minds are like umbrellas...they only work when they are open."

2 Comments:

  • Off and running - I'll say!

    Virtually overnight, Laura has made this blog the place to be if you’re some one – or, in case of anonymity, if you’re no one.

    Some one, no one … pretty soon, they all add up to real people, and speaking for myself, I haven't had this much fun since Eddie LaDuke was editor of the Tribune.

    All jokes aside, I'm probably a bit too wide to be a lightning rod, and a bit too heavy at 265 lbs to pull duty as this blog’s preferred straw man, but I’m tickled to play both roles, and you folks can attack me freely and anonymously in either guise.

    Just one thing, though. It simply isn't true that people have been somehow unable to respond to my opinions, or were oppressed in any manner by me.

    Most people in the world are far too busy (and proficient) oppressing themselves for me to be of any help.

    From the very start, my e-mail has been posted right alongside my name at the blogspot, and the procedure for responding in a responsible, adult way has been clearly outlined and periodically reinforced.

    My identity is a matter of public record, and any person in this city who genuinely desires a discussion, conversation or dialogue with me on any topic whatsoever, ranging from beer to baseball to politics, knows exactly where to find me.

    And I wouldn't have it any other way. What's so nasty about that?

    Let's talk over these issues.

    Here’s my toss-up question today:

    What is the proper role of government in a society where people choose to live together as a community?

    Now, let the daily whipping begin!

    By Blogger The New Albanian, at 11:47 AM, May 25, 2005  

  • To serve.

    By Blogger edward parish, at 1:02 PM, May 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

r

<< Home